Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The Fraud, Cyber and Technology Risk Administrative Department is currently seeking a Senior Advisor, Security Solution Architecture and Cyber Attack Simulation to join its team. This administrative department is the custodian of Desjardins Group’s appetite and tolerance for cyber and technology risk. Its primary missions are to oversee the management of these risks and to closely monitor them, to anticipate cyberthreat risks and the risks associated with the digital transformation and to guide internal IT partners in controlling their operational risks.
As Senior Advisor, Security Solution Architecture and Cyber Attack Simulation, you will support the Senior Advisor, Enterprise Information Security Architecture and Cyber Attack Simulation and the Senior Advisor, Cyber and Technology Risk Framework and Disclosure in their mandate.
You will help ensure IT efficiency by analyzing, designing and enhancing programming algorithms (computer software and Web applications) and the architecture of IT tools (software, networks, databases, etc.). You will ensure consistency with the organization’s current and future needs and structure, while also ensuring that new components are compatible with the existing architecture (software applications, products, services, etc.).
You will assume a leadership role when interacting with the various stakeholders concerning files and projects that involve innovative, strategic and complex input and development. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your field.
You will make recommendations on the development of IT solutions and the delivery of files and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and a comprehensive, detailed understanding of the business and the organization. Extensive alignment will be required. You will be called upon to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
You will serve as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field, and act as a contact and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Conduct thorough and relevant technology assessments with a solution architecture angle.
- Help the first line of defence execute its mission through coaching, training and expert advice, while preserving the independence of the second line of defence.
- Bachelor of Technology or other appropriate discipline
- Six (6) years of relevant experience in information technology
- Experience in agile mode (an asset)
- Experience in a major organization (an asset)
- Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold security certification: Certified information systems security professional (CISSP) – Computing technology industry association (CompTIA Security+), GIAC continuous monitoring – certification (GMON) (an asset)
- For available positions in Quebec, note that knowledge of French is required
- Intermediate proficiency in English (oral and written), solid understanding of information security frameworks (an asset), thorough knowledge of architecture (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
- Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset, Tech savvy
Other working conditions
Work place : Montreal or Lévis, depending on the chosen candidate’s preference
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5c462e00c9066105abec8c80/51fc022158b70066fae49ef0/en
|Job Category||Banking, IT & Software, Sécurité de l'information|